Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Theatre quote of the day for Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Faith Prince
Share on Google+

"Usually I like playing other people. I like finding myself through other characters. But when you do cabaret, you are yourself. I think it's the most fun, and I tell you, if somebody had told me that, I would have done it fifteen years earlier than I did." - Faith Prince

This turns out to be a very relevant quote for today, since The Cabaret Project open mic night is tonight at the Tavern of Fine Arts.  From 7 to 10 PM this evening (and on the third Wednesday of every month), I'll be welcoming a ton of St. Louis talent being themselves and regaling you with some pretty wonderful music.

Carol Schmidt
Carol Schmidt is our music director.  If you're going to sing, be sure to bring your music, either a regular score or a lead sheet/chart.  If you're not going to sing, just sit back, enjoy the Tavern's food and drink menu, and enjoy.  There's no cover charge or minimum order, although anything you choose to put into the tip jar goes to The Cabaret Project, a 501C3 non-profit dedicated to promoting, supporting, and sustaining the art of cabaret in St. Louis.

The Tavern of Fine Arts is at 313 Belt in the Debaliviere Place neighborhood.  It's a very cool venue with local art on the walls and a big picture window through which you can see the locals strolling by on a fine fall evening.

No comments: