Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Theatre quote of the day for Tuesday, July 9, 2013

giantbomb.com
Share on Google+

"For me, it's just acting. It's pretending. The best actors are children, and children don't do research. You never see a child going, 'I'm wondering about my motivation here. How can I do this toy? How can I do this train? I don't feel train.'"

"Feudal societies don't create great cinema; we have great theatre. The egalitarian societies create great cinema. The Americans, the French. Because equality is sort of what the cinema deals with. It deals with stories which don't fall into 'Everybody in their place and who's who,' and all that. But the theatre's full of that."

"I think I must be the only British actor who's played both Stalin and Trotsky. I need to play Lenin so I can make it a triptych." - Brian Cox

No comments: