Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Theatre quotes of the day for Tuesday, July 16, 2013

en.wikipedia.org
Share on Google+:

"Insecurity, commonly regarded as a weakness in normal people, is the basic tool of the actor's trade."

"I like people to be surprised by the turn of events. I don't want things just to be pat and formulaic. If there's some sort of internal combustion in the character or a desire to change the way things are going, that makes for conflict, which is the essence of drama."

"If you only took on roles that had the same qualities, then I suppose it might make a critic feel better, if he can see some kind of bedrock. Perhaps that's the old definition of a star, someone who's always going to come up with the same goods. But it intimates limitation to me and I don't want to think of the job like that." - Miranda Richardson

No comments: