Friday, August 16, 2013

Theatre quotes of the day for Friday, August 16, 2013

en.wikipedia.org
Share on Google+

"I hate that people think going to the theatre is a special occasion. I wish people would treat it as normally as going to the cinema."

"It's the same as any role and I find that you can't lump characters together; because they all have different life experiences, different reasons for being the way they are."

"I've done a lot of costume drama and theatre - the National Theatre and In fact, most of my work at the theatre, at the National Theatre anyway, was period....I think behind closed doors people behave differently no matter what period we're looking at, because people have to stand up straight in public but can slouch behind closed doors - can you imagine wearing those corsets?" - English theatre, film, and TV actress Brenda Blethyn (OBE)

No comments: