Monday, August 12, 2013

Theatre quotes of the day for Monday, August 12, 2013

telegraph.co.uk
Share on Google+:

"I am so far as I am aware not at all influenced by dramatists, expect for Shakespeare, who I have to say, it is impossible not to be influenced by if you hold language to be the major element of theatre."

"We are suffocated by writers who want to enlighten us with their truths. For me, the theatre is beautiful because it is a secret, and secrets seduce us, we all want to share secrets."

"When I write, I am not giving a lecture, I am speculating on behavior. Sometimes this is dangerous, but it should be. As I say often, theatre is a dark place and we should keep the light out of it."

"I submit all my plays to the National Theatre for rejection. To assure myself I am seeing clearly."- British playwright Howard Barker

No comments: